Working Words are instructional activities to help teach young students about different kinds of words when learning to read, write, and spell. This Working Words packet is aligned to the Common Core Standards and differentiated for student abilities.
The motivating activities in this packet help to teach emerging readers about question words and constructed responses. Included in this packet are:
1. A description of the Working Words with examples and teaching tips
2. An introduction activity for both question words and constructed responses
3. A poster to help students remember the rule when reading and writing
4. An original song for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book called "The Guessing Game" to introduce and practice these concepts
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. A game for partners or small groups
8. A worksheet to check for understanding
9. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
10. A fun enrichment activity
The materials in this packet would be great for a literacy center!
Please be sure to check out the other Working Word packets and bundles in my store. Enjoy! Sheila