This memory card game is a fun way to practise reading question words. The object of the activity is to find and read pairs of words. Spread out all the cards, face down. Turn over two cards and read them. If they match keep them and have another turn. If they do not match turn them back over and the next player has a go. The winner is the person with the most pairs at the end.
The words contained in the pack are: what, when, where, why, which, who, whose and how.
This resource includes:
· Rules of Memory – teacher and student copies
· Instructions for making up the game
· Card masters
· Digital paper for backing the cards
This resource teaches:
· Question words reading practice
· Memory training
· Working in a group
· Winning and losing amicably
This game is also known at Pairs, Pelmanism or Concentration.