This packet includes three mini-book formats your students can use to demonstrate their responses to CCSS questions: who, what, where, when, why, and how. Depending on your grade level and expectations, students may draw pictures or write their responses. I have used this product with my students with great success in the following ways:
* As a mini-lesson for teaching questioning
* For guided release following instruction and modeling
* To ensure accountability during Read to Self and Read to Someone
* During Guided Reading lessons
* For ELLs who are building vocabulary
* For students who are absent due to illness or travel
* To help students plan their own creative stories for writers workshop
Students cut apart the blocks and staple one side or corner to build the mini-book. I have added a bin of these mini-books to my classroom library.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA.© Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.