Reading Comprehension Strategy Lesson: Good Readers Ask Thick Questions~ This ready-to-go, extensive lesson is designed to assist launching good questioning practices and cultivate thoughtful readers. In this lesson, students determine the difference between thin and thick questions and explain the importance of deeper questioning when comprehending a text.
This detailed lesson plan includes the following:
* I can statement (for CCSS 3.1, 4.1, 5.1)
* An essential question to start the lesson
* Gradual release format: I do, we do, you do..
* Formative assessment (Post=its ready to go)
* Interactive reader’s notebook template for the two types of questions
* Ready-to-print question prompts
* Thin & Thick Question Sort with answer key
* Photos of examples taken during the implementation of this lesson to guide your instruction
Note: This lesson spans approximately 50-60 minutes, therefore may take more than one day of whole group instructional time.
Get over 25% off BUNDLE: Seed Lessons for Growing Thoughtful Readers