Questioning is a crucial reading strategy for both enjoyment and comprehension. This collection of materials is designed to give you a set of resources to use in your classroom planning and teaching.
Included in this package:
* Suggested teaching ideas
* Two different graphic organizers for students to use while learning this reading strategy. You can use the one that you prefer, that best suits your learners’ needs or let the students choose the one that they feel makes the most sense to them.
* A Q-chart - use as an anchor chart or blackline master.
* Two double-sided bookmark options
* A rubric that you could use to assess learning.
* Success criteria and learning goals poster for your class.
* Book list of titles that are recommended for teaching and practising synthesizing.
* Diagnostic/summative assessment sheet to use with any reading text - easily differentiated
* Student reflection/goal setting sheet to use with assessments
* Two different reading logs
* Reading goals tracking sheet
* Booktalk checklist
This is a zip file containing all pdf documents so everyone should be able to easily access all material.
Inferring Reading Strategy Package
Synthesizing Reading Strategy Package
Summarizing Reading Strategy Package