Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.02 MB | 6 pages
An annotated question set in which most false answers are explained and commented upon. Ideal to use when presenting and teaching the topic and also when testing students on October Revolution in Russian history. See the preview file for 10 sample questions with annotations.
This set has 38 questions designed to TEACH, not just assess. The questions are in chronological order and many of them build on previous questions to create a deeper level of understanding as the students work their way through them. You will find that these questions work very well as a whole class discussion activity -- or you can use them as a pure assessment tool if you would prefer. You could also use them as a lecture outline for presenting clear, concise information about:
* Lenin's family background and his brother's revolutionary activities
* Conditions in Russia during Lenin's lifetime
* The death of Alexander III and the reign of his successor, Nicholas II
* Lenin's troubles at university, his arrest, and his exile
* Lenin's revolutionary activities abroad
* World War I's impact on Russia
* Lenin's return from exile in the sealed train
* The October Revolution
* The Russian Civil War
* Lenin's failing health and his death
This question set focuses on Lenin's background and rise to power. As such, it does not include detailed information about his policies while in power (i.e., war communism, N.E.P.)
The set is comprised of 23 True/False and 15 Multiple Choice questions, each of which can serve as a springboard into lively discussion.
Questions in the download are provided in both Word and Examview formats so that if you have Examview or CPS running in your classroom, you will not have to type the questions into those programs.