Quick Draw is a game to review or introduce vocabulary terms, words on a word wall or even spelling words.
Quick draw requires virtually no prep and the materials needed are in almost every classroom.
Doesn't this sound like a great game--huh? No prep. No materials. AND fun??
Here's how you play:
- Determine the list of words you want to introduce or review
- Provide each student with a marker board
- Provide each student with a dry erase marker
- Shout (okay maybe not shout...but say) the word aloud to students
- Give students 30 seconds to illustrate the word
- Say, "3.....2.....1....show me!" and every student MUST hold up their illustration (if they are still drawing I give them a warning, and tell them they get paper pencil next time)
- Select a couple of students to explain their drawing to the class