If you are looking for an easy, fun, simple way to actively engage and excite your students about writing, this winter writing unit is for you! It saves you time, it is loads of fun, and students will love writing in first person by pretending to be snowflakes.
• Students will use their IMAGINATION, apply SCIENCE and SOCIAL STUDIES FACTS, USE CORRECT GRAMMAR, and learn how to PROOFREAD their writing with this unit.
• Students will have fun SHARING their SNIPPETS with OTHERS and be begging each day to get out their Snowflake Snippet Books.
• 24 Cut and Glue Writing Topic Pages for ELA Journals
• 2 Colored Book Cover Choices
• 1 Black and White Book Cover
• 1 Black and White Plain Book Cover
• 1 Snippet Definition Poster
• 1 Snowflake Snippet Bulletin Board Poster
• 3 Snowflakes for Bulletin Board
• Tips and Suggestions on how to integrate subjects
• Complete Set up and Instructions that give you 24 Days of writing activities
I suggest using this resource during January and February. I would only do 3 writing per week. You may want to only do 1 or 2 each week giving students time to master the writing process, learn how to brainstorm, and use the days in between to share work. How you use is totally up to you and the grade you teach.
You get HALF OFF ALL MY NEW PRODUCTS the FIRST 24 HOURS POSTED! I am posting NEW PRODUCTS WEEKLY so be sure and CLICK the GREEN STAR by my store name to become a FOLLOWER, and SAVE 50% off my products.
I'd love for you to follow me on INSTAGRAM at:
You can also follow me on my BLOG at
To connect with me on Facebook, you will find me at
Please be sure and share anything you have purchased from my store by tagging me in your photos for SPECIAL FREEBIES just for YOU!
I hope you and your students enjoy this set!