Quick-Writes With Lists ~ Great for Interactive Notebooks and Writing Fluency!
These quick-writes will engage your students as they practice paragraph and/or essay writing and work through the writing process to help build WRITING FLUENCY.
Students will love filling out lists for COOL, FUNNY, SCARY, CUTE, WEIRD, and BEAUTIFUL or coming up with their own list word. Encourage creativity by having students doodle and color in bubble words to match their list.
For quick-writes all year, choose a topic from the list for an easy writing project:
➢ Have students fill out a prewriting graphic organizer and expand upon it to write an organized paragraph (examples are included).
➢ The prewriting organizers and paragraphs could be assigned as weekly, biweekly, or even monthly classwork or homework for extra writing practice.
➢ Use the examples provided to guide students through the writing process for their first paragraph.
*These list writing prompts make great homework assignments or activities to leave with a sub.*
Included in this packet are:
• list pages for each of six topics to glue in interactive notebooks.
• “bubble letter” doodle pages for each topic to spark creativity and glue into interactive notebooks.
• brainstorming/prewriting suggestions and organizers.
• personalized prewriting graphic organizers for each topic, with and without space for a hook and clever conclusion, with and without clip art.
• various publishing page choices for each topic: two line sizes, with and without clipart, with and without space for illustrations.
• “generic” organizers and publishing pages for new topics.
• prewriting graphic organizer examples (one paragraph and five paragraph essay).
• writing examples (one paragraph and five paragraph essay).
You might also like:
Student Survey & Quick-Writes
Back to School Activity Pack ~ Getting to Know You
Common Core Writing Bundle #1 ~ Intermediate
Common Core Writing Bundle #2 ~ Intermediate
**Feel free to email me at: email@example.com**