This is a simple but fun way for students not just to learn simple vocabulary, but to practice asking simple questions in Spanish. Simple fun for all levels of Spanish and all grades!
Recommended for 4-10 players at a time. For larger classes, split up your class into groups and have groups take turns playing.
Directions for Play…
- Print out the cards on white cardstock, front-to-back, and cut out. Categories are: ANIMALS, FRUITS, and VEGETABLES. (48 cards included.)
- Have students pick a card from the stack and without looking, they must place the card under an elastic headband across the forehead. (Or simply tape the card to their backs.)
- Set a timer for 5-10 minutes.
- Students will walk around the room asking each other YES or NO questions in Spanish. At any point they can ask, “¿Soy un/una…?” If a student guesses his/her card correctly, he/she picks up another card from the stack and starts again. (He/she holds on to the card that he/she already identified.)
- The student in the end with the most correctly identified cards is the winner.
Teacher Tip! Allow students to reference sample questions. Make your own cards with the blank template found at the end!