Also included in
- This is a custom bundle created for Suzanne. It is a collection of various class forms and resources, nature of science and chemistry products. Bundle Contents:NGSS Middle School Chemistry Curriculum - Full Course BundleSuper Bundle – Scientific Method & MetricsBundle - Class Forms, Notices, and$257.25$367.50Save $110.25
- This Chemical Reactions unit bundle product contains 22 resources needed for a typical middle school chemistry unit on chemical reactions. Topics include: physical and chemical changes, chemical equations, balancing equations, law of conservation of mass, types of chemical reactions, rates of react$55.00$69.50Save $14.50
A detailed 2-page quiz worth 27 points that assesses student understanding of the rates of reaction and collision theory. More specifically, this quiz does this by asking students to perform 5 tasks:
- Describe the basic features of collision theory
- Identify the factors that can affect the rate of a chemical reaction
- Explaining experimental observations (in a short narrative) using collision theory concepts
- Create a graph to display data from a rate of reaction experiment
- Summarizing the results of the experiment from the graph and explaining them using collision theory concepts
I typically use this assessment to gauge student understanding of after covering this topic through a presentation, a short YouTube video, and a reading exercise. Links to the corresponding PPT and 2-page reading exercise on types of chemical reactions are found below.
Pages 1-2 - Quiz:
- Part A: Fill In The Blanks: summarizing basic points of collision theory
- Part B: Vocabulary: writing down factors that affect reaction rates from provided definitions
- Part C: Applying Knowledge: explaining experimental results using collision theory concepts
- Part D: Analyzing an Experiment: graphing lab data and explaining it using collision theory concepts
Pages 3-4 - Answer Key:
- A full color-coded answer key that can be used by the teacher alone, displayed to students on a screen/interactive white board, or handed out to students as a review document.
Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- This lab comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and fully-editable WORD document
- Download the full PDF preview to see EXACTLY what you are getting!
Relevant NGSS Core Idea(s) Addressed by This Product:
NGSS - MS-PS1.A
Physical Science - Matter and its Interactions - Structure and Properties of Matter
NGSS - MS-PS1.B
Physical Science - Matter and its Interactions – Chemical Reactions
You Might Also Like the Following Unit Resources:
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.