Quiz - Collision Theory - Rates of Chemical Reactions
Also included in
- This unit bundle product contains 24 resources needed for a typical upper middle school and lower high school chemistry unit on chemical reactions. Topics include: physical and chemical changes, chemical equations, balancing equations, law of conservation of mass, types of chemical reactions, ratesPrice $61.20Original Price $76.50Save $15.30
- This is a custom bundle created for Suzanne. It is a collection of various class forms and resources, nature of science and chemistry products. Bundle Contents:NGSS Middle School Chemistry Curriculum - Full Course BundleSuper Bundle – Scientific Method & MetricsBundle - Class Forms, Notices, andPrice $257.25Original Price $367.50Save $110.25
- This is a custom bundle created for Lana. It is a collection of chemistry and physics unit bundles.Bundle Contents:Physics Resources:UNIT BUNDLE - Forces and Newton's LawsUNIT BUNDLE - EnergyChemistry Resources:UNIT BUNDLE - Classification of MatterUNIT BUNDLE - Atoms and the Periodic TableUNIT BUNDPrice $220.00Original Price $305.50Save $85.50
- This is a custom bundle created for Craig. It is a collection of chemistry and physics unit bundles (minus the unit PPTs and lab activities) and a bundle on metric conversions.Bundle Contents:Products Included:BUNDLE - Metric Conversions ResourcesUNIT BUNDLE - Classification of Matter (No Unit PPT,Price $285.60Original Price $408.00Save $122.40
A concise 2-page quiz worth 27 points designed for upper middle school and lower high school chemistry students in order to assess understanding of rates of reaction and collision theory. More specifically, this quiz does this by asking students to perform 5 tasks: (1) Describe the basic features of collision theory; (2) Identify the factors that can affect the rate of reaction; (3) Explaining experimental observations using collision theory; (4) Create a graph to display data from a rate of reaction experiment; and (5) Summarizing the experimental results and explaining them using collision theory concepts.
How I Use This Product:
- I typically use this assessment to gauge student understanding of after covering this topic through a presentation, a short YouTube video, and a reading exercise.
- Links to the corresponding products are found below:
- PPT - Chemical Reactions
- Worksheet - What is Collision Theory?
Pages 1-2 - Collision Theory Quiz:
- Part A: Fill In The Blanks: summarizing basic points of collision theory
- Part B: Vocabulary: writing down factors that affect reaction rates from provided definitions
- Part C: Applying Knowledge: explaining experimental results using collision theory concepts
- Part D: Analyzing an Experiment: graphing lab data and explaining it using collision theory concepts
Pages 3-4 - Answer Key:
- Full, color-coded answer key for all questions
Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- This lab comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and fully-editable WORD document
- Download the full PDF preview to see EXACTLY what you are getting!
Relevant NGSS Core Idea(s) Addressed by This Product:
NGSS - MS-PS1.A
Physical Science - Matter and its Interactions - Structure and Properties of Matter
NGSS - MS-PS1.B
Physical Science - Matter and its Interactions – Chemical Reactions
You Might Also Like the Following Unit Resources:
UNIT BUNDLE - Chemical Reactions
PPT - Jeopardy Game: Chemical Reactions Review
Unit Overview & Key Words - Chemical Reactions Unit
Activity - Physical & Chemical Properties & Changes Sorting Cards (2 Set Bundle)
Worksheet - Physical and Chemical Properties and Changes
Worksheet - What are Chemical Equations?
Worksheet - Balancing Chemical Equations (2 Worksheet Bundle)
Worksheet - What are the Types of Chemical Reactions?
Worksheet - Naming Compounds, Balancing Equations & Classifying Reactions
Worksheet - What is Collision Theory?
Lab - Mystery Powders - Physical and Chemical Properties of Matter
Lab - Ziploc Bag Physical and Chemical Changes
Lab - Signs of a Chemical Reaction
Lab - Great Steel Wools of Fire (A Conservation of Mass Investigation)
Lab - Double Displacement Reactions
Lab - Alka-Seltzer Rate of Reaction - Classroom Lab
Lab - Alka-Seltzer Rate of Reaction - Virtual Lab
Lab - Disappearing X Sodium Thiosulfate Rate of Reaction - Classroom Lab
Lab - Disappearing X Sodium Thiosulfate Rate of Reaction - Virtual Lab
Quiz - Balancing Chemical Equations (4 Quiz Bundle)
Quiz - Types of Chemical Reactions
Unit Review - Chemical Reactions
Unit Test - Chemical Reactions
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.