Quiz: SEED PLANTS
TRUE OR FALSE. Write “T” or “F” in the space after each number.
1. Seed plants have vascular tissue.
2. Seed plants use spores and seeds to reproduce.
3. Inside a seed is a partially developed fruit.
4. Roots anchor a plant in the ground, absorb water and minerals from the soil, and sometimes store food.
5. The stem carries substances between the plant’s roots and leaves.
6. ____________________ is the vascular tissue through which food moves.
7. Water and minerals, on the other hand, travel in the vascular tissue called ___________________.
8. _____________capture the sun’s energy and carry out the food-making process of photosynthesis.
9. The young plant that develops from the zygote, or fertilized egg, is called the _____________.
10. In all seeds, the embryo has one or more seed leaves called _____________
11. _____________occurs when the embryo begins to grow again and pushes out of the seed.
12. The _____________provides support for the plant and holds up the leaves so they are exposed to the sun.
Write the letter appropriate letter of your choice in the space in each box.
A. Root hairs
B. Root cap
C. Vascular tissue
D. Surface cells
E. Area of dividing cells
A. Stem & Root
B. Seed Coat