A short 1-page quiz designed to assess the skill of identifying the number of significant figures, also known as significant digits in a value, as well as performing mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division involving significant figures. The quiz includes 25 individual questions and is worth 35 points.
I typically use this short assessment to evaluate student understanding after they have viewed my PowerPoint presentation entitled PPT – Significant Figures, as well as completing a 2-page reading/worksheet entitled What are Significant Figures? This quiz is part of a larger suite of significant figures products. Links to these products are found below.
Page 1 - Quiz: (1 page)
- 25 review questions to assess student understanding of how to count and use significant figures
- Part A: Determining the number of significant figures in a value
- Part B: Rounding a value to a certain number of significant figures (2)
- Part C: Performing addition and subtraction operations while taking into account significant figures
- Part D: Performing multiplication and division operations while taking into account significant figures
Page 2 - Answer Key:
- A full color-coded answer key for all review questions
Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- This product comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and editable Word document.
- Download the full PDF preview to see EXACTLY what you are getting!
Relevant NGSS Science and Engineering Practices Addressed by This Product:
- Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information
You Might Also Like the Following Unit Resources:
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.