Be sure that you have an application to open
this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
7 MB|23 student pages
I love teaching these blends because the kids can suddenly read/write so many more words once introduced and practiced. These activities are a perfect way to practice reading R Blend words with br, cr, dr, fr, gr, pr, and tr.
1. Wheel of Fun: (Blends on the wheel): I have kids cut out circle and then I bring them to carpet. I say a word or sentence with one of the blends in it. When kids know the blend, they turn wheel and point the blend up while using both hands
to cover the two blends surrounding the correct one. They love it! It’s
a very easy way to see who needs extra help. Kids can use the wheel with partners, too.
2. Three "Circle the correct word for each picture." which forces them to read the words many with the same blend at the beginning.
3. Challenge: Write a letter to someone that uses all of these blends:
br, cr, dr, fr, gr, pr, tr.
4. Spin and Write: Spin and write sentences using the blends you landed on.
5.Sort/Lift the Flap: Two included. Each flap will have 3 sorted pics under them. Two sorts to a page will save you paper. Just cut in half and pass out.
6.Picture Cards that can be used in so many ways. (BW only) Great for sorting!
7. Chit Chat: Great wrap-up partner activity for kids to "show what they know."