Be sure that you have an application to open
this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
52 MB|140 pages
Everything you need to teach your students the "R" blends is here at a 25% savings!
I love teaching these blends because the kids can suddenly read/write so many more words once introduced and practiced. What's included in the bundle? (Click on each link if you want to see a preview of each product.)
Four games are included in color and black & white:
1. Blenderize: 4 in a Row: Pick a picture. ANY picture. Say name and the blend it starts with. If correct, cover. If not, opponent covers spot. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner? First to get 4 in a row.
2. Spin & Win (Game board divided into 2 sides) Player 1 goes first. Spin. Find a picture that starts with the same sound on your board. Cover. Player 2 goes next. Land on same blend 2 times in a row? LOSE A TURN! No more pictures with your sound? Skip turn. Winner? First to cover board!
3. Blender Bingo: NOTE: only 1 Bingo card in packet because it is a partner game. NOT a whole-class activity.) Decide if Bingo will be horizontal, vertical, diagonal or covering whole board. Player spins and lands on a blend. BOTH players look for word (no pictures on board) with matching blend on own board and cover. Winner is one who covers agreed upon Bingo pattern.
4. Dino Blends: Pick dino/side. (Board divided into 2) Both players roll two dice at same time. Add. Highest number gets to put a chip on own print (any) IF player can say blend sound and identify a word that begins with the blend. Roll same sum as opponent? Both roll again. Someone rolls doubles? You get to remove one of your opponent’s chips and both will roll again. Winner is first to cover all prints.
Also included is a letter home to parents that you can attach to the b&w versions for home play and a simple recording sheet letting parents know child played a game in school and it encourages parents to ask about it.
These activities are a perfect way to practice reading R Blend and are a favorite of my class. Your kids can punch, highlight, or color in the pictures that represent the given blend. I run these two-sided with the included "Pick 3 pictures from the other side and write a sentence for each one" so they get some writing practice, too.
TIP: When printing these, click on FIT TO PAGE.
Besides the 7 Punch-a-Bunch sheets and the one for the back, I've also included 5 pages of Read and Highlight/Sort pages that you can see in the preview. I've added one BLANK page that the kids can make up their own and swap with a friend. Always fun!
✿ Seven books to reinforce each blend. (B&W only.) Click on links to see each book.
1. Wheel of Fun: (Blends on the wheel): I have kids cut out circle and then I bring them to carpet. I say a word or sentence with one of the blends in it. When kids know the blend, they turn wheel and point the blend up while using both hands
to cover the two blends surrounding the correct one. They love it! It’s
a very easy way to see who needs extra help. Kids can use the wheel with partners, too.
2. Three "Circle the correct word for each picture." which forces them to read the words many with the same blend at the beginning.
3. Challenge: Write a letter to someone that uses all of these blends:
br, cr, dr, fr, gr, pr, tr.
4. Spin and Write: Spin and write sentences using the blends you landed on.
5.Sort/Lift the Flap: Two included. Each flap will have 3 sorted pics under them. Two sorts to a page will save you paper. Just cut in half and pass out.
6.Picture Cards that can be used in so many ways. (BW only) Great for sorting!
7. Chit Chat: Great wrap-up partner activity for kics to "show what they know."