This activity pack includes 11 resources and activities for teaching R blends(r clusters): br, cr, dr, fr, gr, pr, and tr (focusing on those with short vowel sounds). It includes center activities, whole group games, small group resources, word work activities, a decodable book with reading comprehension questions, a color by the code page, word cards, and a cut/paste activity. Please read below for more details.
- this pack is also available in a BLENDS BUNDLE
Here is what’s included:
• R Blends Read/Write the Room
- for a center activity or whole group activity
• R Blends I Have Who Has Game
- a whole group game
• R Blends Word Sort - 2
- gr, br and dr, cr, tr
• R Blends Decodable Book
- “Grandma Rocks!” an original reproducible student reader where students trace all of the R blend spelling patterns in the book and practice reading the book. Also includes a reading comprehension page with questions about the book and spaces for students to write R blend words found in the book.
• R Blends Color by the Code
- students color a picture according to an R blends color code.
• R Blends Word Cards
- R blends word cards with pictures to make an anchor chart, display in a pocket chart, or display on word wall. Great for vocabulary! (These can also be purchased separately)
• R Blends Memory
- an R blends memory game
• R Blends Word Practice Book
- a reproducible book where students practice words with the R blends spelling patterns. For each word students color it, build it with paper letter tiles, write it three times, draw it, and write it in a sentence. 7 pages
• R Blends Flash Cards
- students cut out and color R blend word cards (on backstage passes) and make an envelope to keep them in for reading practice.
• R Blends Worksheets
- 3 different printables for practicing R blends. Great for morning work, homework, or extra practice.
• “My R Blends Photo Album” Activity
– An activity where students make a paper camera and “take pictures” of pictures with r blends that are hung around the room. Then students make a photo album of all their pictures and label them. Detailed directions are included in download. For whole group or a center activity.
To see all of what is included please download a free preview! Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Over the 1st Grade Rainbow
You may also like my other blends units:
Final Blends with N
You can see all my phonics activity packs by clicking on the link below:
PHONICS Activity Packs