The R Blends Word Work Mega Bundle contains everything you need for your students to learn and practise reading words with r blends. The activities in this bundle will make learning to read words with r blends fun, interactive, and hands on. Download the Preview to see everything that is included in the bundle.
The R Blends Word Work Mega Bundle includes the following printables:
- R Blend Posters for the classroom. The following r blends are included: br, cr, dr, fr, gr, pr, tr
- Pocket chart sorting picture cards: There are 4 picture cards for each r blend for students to sort. Two worksheets accompany this activity – match the blend by coloring pictures with a matching blend and a cut and paste picture sorting worksheet that covers all r blends.
- Write the Room Activity: Children locate the cards and write the r blend word beside the matching picture on the worksheet. There are 4 different corresponding worksheets with one type of r blend word on each worksheet.
- R Blend Word Building Mats: Students look at the pictures and match the blends to the word part to complete the word. There are 5 word-building mats with corresponding cut and paste worksheets.
- I Spy R Blend Mats: Students use a magnifying glass to look for hidden r blend words. They record their discoveries on the worksheet. There are two I Spy R Blends Mats with 12 words hidden on each mat.
- Roll and Read Blends: Students use a spinner and read the words in the matching column. The mats can be laminated so students can cross the word out as they read it. There are 2 mats – the first mat with CCVC words and the second mat with longer words.
- R Blends Coloring Mats: Students color the pictures that match the blend in the center.
- R Blends Clip Circle Cards: Using small clothes pegs, children identify the picture that matches the blend in the middle of the circle. They clip the peg on to each picture that matches the blend.
- Spin and Write the Blends: Using a paperclip and pencil, students spin the paper clip to make a complete word using the blend and the word part on the spinner. Students write the complete word on the space provided on the worksheet.
- Blend Flip Books: Students color in the pictures and cut out the pages to make into a blend booklet.
This bundle is 87 pages long and covers the following common core standards:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2b Orally produce single-syllable words by blending sounds (phonemes), including consonant blends.