R Controlled Vowel AR Words Structured Digital Phonics Lesson
- Google Slides™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- These NO-PREP, research-aligned structured literacy phonics lessons (with phonemic awareness included), containing over 2,000 animated digital slides, will save your planning time and keep your K-2 students engaged, whether you are in person or teaching remotely. These lessons are effective for teacPrice $52.00Original Price $101.00Save $49.00
Build R-controlled vowel -AR phonics skills with these fun structured literacy lessons covering phonemic awareness, letter sound drills, decoding -AR word chains, spelling, and decodable sentence reading as well as dictation, presented in over 100 animated, NO PREP Google Slides. Teach students about the R-controlled vowel, sometimes called the "Bossy R", with multi-sensory activities. Save your precious planning time by using these engaging structured literacy lessons students will enjoy whether you are in person or teaching remotely.
This skill set targets First Grade foundational reading standards, but you may use them in older grades for Intervention, Special Education, or with English Language Learners.
Perfect for whole group, small group, distance learning, hybrid, homeschool, or tutoring.
Click here and SAVE nearly 50% by buying ALL 28 phonics and phonemic awareness digital slides lessons in one convenient BUNDLE.
What Is Included in This Resource?
This done-for-you lesson presentation includes the following structured literacy components:
- Guided discovery of AR sound with real photos and an embedded mnemonic!
- 18 words for decoding practice w/ AR
- Speed round word chain
- 18 AR words spelling practice
- Editable slides for irregular/high-frequency words
- 5 decodable sentences
- 5 opportunities for sentence writing/dictation
- 5 mystery picture word chains *(student favorite!)*
- Additional phonemic awareness practice
- 8 slides for decoding minimal pairs
How to Use This Resource to Teach R Controlled AR Effortlessly
Just open up the presentation, share your screen, and read the speaker notes to guide you and your students through all of the reading and spelling activities.
PLEASE NOTE: This resource is a Google Slides Presentation. TPT requires that you allow access to your Google Drive so that the resource may be added.
This presentation includes "word chaining", which is an effective strategy to build strong reading habits in children. Students will see only one letter change at a time (yarn, yard, hard, harp, sharp, shark, bark, barn, etc.), which trains them to look and read carefully, building their word-reading accuracy and fluency.
If you have any questions about this resource, feel free to email me at email@example.com.
These slides have 3 companion products available for purchase.
- R Controlled Vowel OR Words Structured Digital Phonics Lesson
- R Controlled Vowels IR, UR, ER Words Structured Digital Phonics Lesson
- R Controlled Vowels Mixed Words Structured Digital Phonics Lesson
All of the above resources and many others are included in my Phonics and Phonemic Awareness Lessons Digital Slides BUNDLE.
Leave a rating and quick review of any product and earn credit towards future purchases.
Go to the tab in your account and look for the button next to your purchase. Click it and you'll be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment for any product.
Remember to follow my store to receive discounts and updates on new resources. You will receive 50% off when you buy a new, non-bundled resource within the first 48 hours!
Look for the green star next to my logo and click it to become a follower, or follow me by clicking here.
Would you like some free resources? Here's a link to my email list.
Get free resources, along with easy & effective teaching tips, when you sign up for the PhonoLovable Literacy Newsletter!
Here are some other places where you can stay in touch with me.
I hope that your students love learning R controlled vowel AR with this structured literacy resource!
Thanks for visiting.