Looking for a phonics resource to teach or review r-controlled vowel words? This resource is perfect for teaching the ir sound! This phonics unit was created for students in 1st and 2nd grade and is aligned to the Common Core State Standards.
R-Controlled Vowels - A Phonics Unit: IR has everything a teacher needs to introduce, practice, and assess phonics and word recognition using the IR sound. This 58 page download includes:
- Word/Picture strips that fit perfectly in a pocket chart (provided in
full color & b/w for more printing options)
- More word cards (without pictures) that can be used as
flashcards, to display words for reference, and much, much more.
- Reading Practice Page - use to practice fluency with not only
words, but with phrases and sentences also
- Word Sort Flip Flap Foldable Activity - students read and sort
words according to spelling patterns and sounds
- I Have, Who Has Card Game - enough cards for 24 students to
play at one time. (full color & b/w version with and without pictures
- 11 interactive printables provided in various formats and levels to
allow for differentiation
- teacher directions/suggestions for all activities
- answer keys for all printables
Download the preview above to get a snapshot of ALL 58 pages of this resource.
Thank you for visiting my store! Feel free to email me with any comments, questions, or concerns at
Visit my blog, www.morethanmathbymo.blogspot.com
for news about my latest freebies, giveaways, and classroom ideas!
Like More Than Math by Mo
boards on Pinterest.
You can now follow me on Instagram