This game is similar to ZAP but with a twist.
BAD NEWS CAMPING
HELP THE CAMPERS AVOID DISASTER
An R-Controlled Vowel (-ir, -er, ur) Word Game
1. Put all of the shuffled cards face down in the middle of your group. Play rock-paper-scissors to see who will start the game.
2. Draw a card one and read the word ALOUD.
3. If you read the word correctly, keep the card- the campers are safe for now. Have the other campers check to see if you are correct.
4. If you do not read it correctly, put the card back at the bottom of the deck.
5. A “Storm Cloud” card means lightening struck your campground. You must rebuild camp! Put all of your cards at the bottom of the deck! You miss your turn because you forgot to pack your rain gear!
6. A “Bear Card” means a bear is visiting your camp and is eating your food - you do not get to play this turn and the game switches directions so you have time to get away!
7. The camper who has the most cards at the end is the winner! Play again if time allows!