This package consists of 30 BOARD GAMES:
- AY way, pay, sway, day + EXTENSION away, Sunday, replay, spray
- CONSOLIDATION OF VOWEL DIGRAPHS ai, ea, ee, ie, oa + EXT
- AR dark, start, part + EXT apart, party, carpet
- AR says "or" warn, warp, toward, warm
- ER ENDINGS farmer, sharper, warmer
- MAGIC E - with all combinations + 2 syllable words + EXT + DISCRIMINATION fat/fate, kit/kite, cub/cube (11 games in all)
- VOWEL Y (two sounds) funny and fly
- HARD and SOFT C AND G cent, card, gold, giant + EXT circus
- LONG O no, low, snow
- 2 SYLLABLE WORDS with all phonic element to this point for CONSOLIDATION (4 games)
A blank board game is included for flexibility so you can add local words or target specific words.
The games are differentiated with extension games for most elements. You can use them in a literacy centre for all students, or you can focus on a few students. In this way they are ideal for RTI. They can be sent home for fun family time which doesn't seem like schoolwork. I use them to begin or end an intervention session because they are quick and focus the target skills involved in a positive way.
The beginning Phases (1,2 and 3) are critical for mastery in literacy. You can find the sequence, diagnostic assessment, teaching strategies, resources and more in my LITERACY INTERVENTION HANDBOOK (103 pages) available in my store:
My products will appeal to slow and reluctant learners who need more motivation and time but you can use them with any student because I differentiate by PHASE. I have used a DYSLEXIA FRIENDLY FONT to ensure the games are as inclusive as possible.
There are more products like this at my store: www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/learning-solutions