★★★★★ EVERYTHING you need to teach the R.A.C.E. strategy for lasting student SUCCESS! Teach your students how to ace ANY written answer in ANY class with this powerful, simple strategy.
Includes both & resources.
***Click here for the FULL UNIT on the RACE strategy! [BESTSELLER!]
What is the R.A.C.E. Strategy?
- R - Restate keywords from the text
- A - Answer all parts of the question
- C - Cite Evidence from the text
- E - Explain your answer and Edit
The RACE strategy helps writers by giving them an acronym to help remember some of the most fundamental steps of writing an excellent open-ended response to any kind of reading passage you through their way!
INCLUDED IN THIS GOOGLE DRIVE FOLDER:
- Teaching guide to teach learners everything they need to know about RACE! [Google Slides]
- 1 practice activity for student practice [Google Slides OR printable worksheet]
- Student notes companion worksheet page (front and back) [Printable]
- Classroom posters for year-long reference (B&W and watercolor versions)
- Teacher Tips for teaching R.A.C.E.
- Student Reference Page [Printable]
Click to see more details!
- ELA Test Prep
- Upper Elementary and middle grades
- Small group teaching
- Intervention for struggling learners
- Year-long strategy teaching
- Hands down the best writing strategy I use in my classroom! This has changed the way I teach and changed my kids comprehension more than any other strategy I've used.
- My 5th graders have become expert reading response in because of this strategy!
MORE R.A.C.E. WRITING RESOURCES:
We are educators,
and together we speak the
world's most powerful language:
the language of learning.
RACE writing, reading comprehension, ELA test prep, constructed response, Text evidence, test prep strategy.