RACE Strategy Writing Worksheet Activity Grades 4-6 FREE | with Easel Activity
- Easel Activity
Also included in
- RACE writing strategy to help students answer passage-based, short response questions in a formal style, with using clear reasons and evidence from the text, and to provide concluding statements. These informational texts are quick, easy reads, so that your students can focus on writing. Do you havePrice $16.00Original Price $20.00Save $4.00
- Help your 4-5th graders master writing with the RACE Strategy, paired passages, reading comprehension, vocabulary with context clues, and writing with this bundle.10 passages with RACE Strategy writing prompts40 passages with RACE Strategy writing prompts10 passages with RACE Strategy writing promptPrice $37.00Original Price $46.00Save $9.00
Students will be able to write constructed responses while citing text evidence using the RACE Strategy.
The RACE strategy for writing is a structure to help students answer passage-based, short response questions in a formal style, with using clear reasons and evidence from the text, and to provide concluding statements. This free download contains a short passage and short-response question to practice using the RACE Strategy.
R: Re-state the question
A: Answer all parts of the question
C: Cite the text to provide evidence
E: Explain your citation
Why use the RACE strategy? RACE is a mnemonic device that helps students write open-ended constructed responses. This strategy is especially helpful for struggling writers and students with disabilities, but it can also be helpful scaffolding for all students. It teaches students to do what good writers do naturally—re-stating the question in a complete sentence, answering all parts of the question, citing evidence and fully explaining.
This Download Contains:
- 1 passage with short response question to practice using the RACE Strategy
- Suggested answer and grading guide
- Ready to use Easel Activity
Like this product? Check out the full version here:
Writing with the RACE Strategy Grades 4-6
Need Texts with Comprehension Questions Too?
Reading Comprehension and Writing with the RACE Strategy Grades 4-6
Looking for Paired Passages?
Paired Passages and Writing with the RACE Strategy, Grades 4-5
Need Even More Passages?
A Year of Writing with the RACE Strategy
You Might Also Like:
- Aesop's Fables for Theme, Text-Connections, and Textual Evidence
- Emergency ELA Sub Plans: 20 No-Prep Assignments, Grades 4-6
- Differentiated ELA Activities: Color by Number
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
►FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!