Also included in
- FULL YEAR OF DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING FOR EVERY MAJOR WRITING TASK. All Workshops SPECIFICALLY Designed For Interactive Learning On Google Classroom or Any Major LMS. Print Versions For Some Items Included.NARRATIVE, ARGUMENTATIVE, INFORMATIVE | EXPOSITORY, LITERARY ANALYSIS, TRANSITIONS, AND CONST$123.51$154.39Save $30.88
- Race Strategy Constructed Response Questions and Writing Prompts With PassageTeach your students to write a perfect constructed response for any ELA state test with this digital workshop using the r.a.c.e + transitions method. This workshop includes a highly engaging reading passage and a sample res$10.19$12.74Save $2.55
- Race Strategy Constructed Response Questions and Writing Prompts With PassageTeach your students to write a perfect constructed response for any ELA state test with this workshop using the r.a.c.e + transitions method. This workshop includes a reading passage and a sample response, and can also be u$13.79$17.24Save $3.45
- FULL YEAR OF DISTANCE LEARNING: EVERY MAJOR WRITING TASKNarrative, argumentative, informative (expository), literary analysis, research, and constructed response writing workshops are specifically designed for interactive, distance learning. Each unit has been scaffolded thoroughly to meet the need$61.74$88.20Save $26.46
Race Strategy Constructed Response Questions and Writing Prompts With Passage
Teach your students to write a perfect constructed response for any ELA state test with this digital workshop using the r.a.c.e + transitions method. This workshop includes a highly engaging reading passage and a sample response, but can also be used year around with any passages. Step-by-step scaffolding for every part of response writing: Restating, Answering, Citing Evidence, Elaborating, and Using Transitions.
- Students learn to unpack the prompt by analyzing, highlighting, and defining its language, especially the academic language that will likely show up on state tests.
- Students will learn to restate and answer ALL parts of the question by paraphrasing each question asked in the multi-question prompt.
- Students will learn to use transition into their evidence by selecting appropriate transitions (given) for their purpose. They will also learn to transition into their elaboration.
- Students will learn to provide and cite (in-text) strong supporting evidence, and elaborate upon that evidence.
Analyze the mentor sample prompt and response as a whole class. Each piece of the sample is broken down just as students will do with their own.
Allow students to work at their own pace, re-reading the passage, and unpacking and constructing their prompt.
- Professionally written informational passage about a lion, named P-45, facing habit destruction
- Multi-step prompt for the passage
- Dissected prompt with mentor responses
- Graphic organizers and instructions for each step
- Rubric for teacher and peer evaluation
- Rubric with descriptors for excellent responses
- TEMPLATES for ALL of your future constructed response assignments
This resource has 3 formats:
PowerPoint, Google Slides, and PDF. If you are not a Google Classroom user, there are other options for using this resource! You can it onto a board for whole class instruction, modeling and discussion, or you can share it on just about any LMS. Also, most of my resources have a printable version, so check in my store if you prefer print materials!
***Create a CONSTRUCTED RESPONSE section in students' writing portfolios***