R.A.C.E. Writing Strategy poster. Restate Answer Cite Elaborate Conclude
High resolution poster sized 24" x 31" perfect for your schools poster printer. No poster printer? No problem! Follow the directions below to print the poster on a standard printer with 8.5 x 11 paper.
This method will print the poster in tiles on multiple sheets of smaller paper. I highly recommend printing this on card stock and laminating it.
1. Open file with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free program) or Adobe Acrobat DC (pay program). The Preview app on a Mac will not work for this.
2. Open the Print Dialog (File > Print…) Mac (⌘ + P) Windows (CTRL + P)
3. Select Poster under Page Sizing and Handling (newer versions) or under Page Scaling (older versions)
4. Make sure that Tile Scale is set to 100% and set Overlap to .5 inches. (This will make it easier to put together after printing)
5. Click Print.
6. Cut off white margins (I would use the large chopper in the teachers lounge or a craft paper trimmer) and assemble with transparent tape or glue. Remember that there is a .5” overlap, so it’s okay to cut into the printed area.
7. Display poster prominently and enjoy!