Whether you use RACE or RACES strategy to answer Text Dependent Analysis questions, this planning guide will help your students that are struggling with how to write a TDA response!
This resource has sections for Restate the Question, Answer the Question, Cite your Evidence, Explain your Thinking, and Summarize your Answer. There is also a version without the summary section to fit your needs.
This is differentiated with two versions: One with extra guidance (the name for what each letter represents) and lines to guide writing, and one version that will just have the letters for each section and no lines to guide writing to fit the needs of your writers!
In this resource, you will find 4 pages:
1) Planning page with RACES hints and lines to write on
2) Planning page for RACES strategy with blank boxes and no "hints"
3) Planning page with RACE hints and lines to write on
4) Planning page for RACE strategy with blank boxes and no "hints"
I hope you enjoy this product and that you are able to utilize this in your classroom!
In this product, I used:
- Font 1: "Monica's Sweet Lemonade" from Monica Abarca.
- Font 2: "Sticky Bun" from TeachesThirdinGeorgia
My other product (freebie) to help get citing evidence CITING EVIDENCE started:
Thanks you! :)
- Libby Zadoorian