PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Just in time for Halloween!
This THREE WEEK unit, over 60 pages in length, is suitable for middle and high school drama classes or upper elementary gifted classes and includes:
• A lesson on the history of radio theatre
• Information about Foley engineers
• Three links to video clips of Foley engineers
• Student created sound effect project
• Five links to radio play performances (some vintage and some recent)
• A mini-lesson in writing and producing radio commercials
• Links to four commercials and two acting exercises focused on sound effects
• Procedure plan to follow day by day throughout the unit
• Teacher’s questions
• A sound effects quiz
• How to use one's voice advice
• Sound effects suggestions for play including links
• Music suggestions for play including links
• Directing suggestions and floor plan
• A student group example of a radio commercial
• Trivia about radio theater stars
• A FREE radio play script of my adaptation of Oscar Wilde's novella, " The Ghost of Canterville" suitable for classroom use with roles for an average size class with NO ROYALTIES which includes sound effect and music cues all ready placed in the script for you
In my thirty-eight years of teaching drama, this radio theater unit is one of my most popular lessons with students.
Comprehensive? You bet! This is a guaranteed successful teaching and learning experience created by an award winning, veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
Here's some feedback on other Dramamommaspeaks products!
"This is a great very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
"Love this activity! What a great way for students to work together!"
Check out other products of mine at: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Dramamommaspeaks