PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This THREE WEEK radio theatre unit teaches the history of radio theatre, Foley engineering, gives students an opportunity to write a commercial, create sound effects and perform in a radio play. Plus students' reading, writing, listening and speaking skills are strengthened. It's a one stop shop!
• A lesson on the history of radio theater
• Information about Foley engineers
• Three links to video clips of Foleys
• Student created sound effect project
• Five links to radio play performances (some vintage and some recent)
• A lesson in writing and producing radio commercials
• Links to four commercials and two acting exercises focused on sound effects
• A FREE script of my adaptation of H.G. Welles' The Invisible Man suitable for classroom with NO ROYALTIES for performances, including sound effects and music cues placed in the script
• Procedure plan to follow throughout the unit
• Teacher’s script---what I say and how I say it
• A sound effects quiz
• A student group example of a radio commercial
• Trivia about radio theater stars and radio programs
• Music suggestions with links
• Floor plan for blocking a radio play and suggestions how to direct it, plus links demonstrating the directing of a radio play
In my thirty-eight years of teaching drama, this radio theater unit is one of my most popular lessons with students.
Comprehensive? You bet!
This lesson is created by a veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
Here are a few review of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
"This is a great very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
"Love this activity! What a great way for students to work together!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
For more products of mine, go to: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Dramamommaspeaks
Other products you may need: