Colorful rainbows are the perfect way to introduce all things spring to little learners! Our printable RAINBOWS Fine Motor Busy Bins for spring and St. Patricks Day are the perfect addition to your classroom.
The RAINBOWS Fine Motor Busy Bins include 12 printable activities that offer fine motor practice for little hands.
Fine motor practice is needed to be ready to cut with scissors, hold pencils the correct way, buttoning jackets, opening lunch boxes, and tying shoes!
Each busy bin includes a direction and supplies page, and a label for your bin. They are set up as completely independent morning work tub activities for pre-k
. The busy bins are also perfect to use with younger preschoolers during circle and small group time.
----> The rainbows fine motor busy bins for spring and St. Patrick's are the 11th set in our ENDLESS Themed Fine Motor Busy Bins Bundle
. The bundle is the way to go!
Print and prep the fine motor busy bins, and store them in small storage containers with lids (mine are from Walmart - some teachers use ziplock or colorful buckets). Switch out the 12 activities each time you switch themes. Yep, the idea is genius!
What is a busy bin exactly?
A busy bin is similar to a busy bag activity. You put the activity together and store it in a bin to be used over and over again. Busy bins are reusable learning activities – prep once and play forever!
Each fine motor busy bin activity comes with an instruction page and a label for your bin.
RAINBOWS FINE MOTOR BUSY BINS
Pom Pom Rainbows
- Sort colored pom poms on the correct colored rainbow using kid-friendly squeezers.
Rainbow Covered Letters
- Trace uppercase letters with rainbow mini erasers to practice letter formation and recognition.
Linking Number Rainbows
- Match the numbers 1-20 together to complete the rainbow while using plastic chain links or a pipe cleaner.
Rainbow Color Magnet Words
- Practice building letters in color words with magnets. Use uppercase or lowercase magnets depending on learning level.
Rainbow Shape Clip Cards
- Identify the rainbow shape on the card and clip a clothespin on the matching shape.
Rainbow Letter Writing Tray
- Write uppercase and lowercase letters in sprinkles to work on letter formation in a super fun way.
Colorful Play Dough Shapes
- Form play dough into the shape on the card. Use the card as a play dough tracer or build the shape on the table.
Build a Rainbow
- Cover each dot on the rainbow with the correct colored button. Fill in the rainbow entire rainbow!
Number Suns Counting Cards
- Identify the number on the sun and count the dots. Place a clothespin on each dot to add the correct amount of sunshine rays.
Rainbow Tracing Cards
- Trace different rainbows and words in colorful dry erase markers.
Number Roll & Cover
- Roll a die, identify the number, and cover the matching number with a snap cube. Use dice with number 1-6 or 7-12.
- Put the puzzles together using number order while matching the pictures in the puzzle pieces back together correctly.
EXTRA SUPPLIES & MANIPULATIVES:
The printable pieces of each busy bin are included in the file. Laminating the pieces is recommended. The other supplies include:
Pom poms - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, black, teal
Mini rainbow erasers
Plastic chain links or pipe cleaners
Flat container with lid
Rainbow colored buttons
Dry Erase Markers
Don't stop here! Our Rainbows Literacy & Math Centers
go hand-in-hand with these Rainbows Fine Motor Busy Bins.