Bright colored, cheerful rainbows must mean spring is on its way! Little learners in preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten will stay engaged and motivated all the way to the end of the rainbow with our printable RAINBOWS literacy & math centers.
As always, the rainbows themed learning centers include super low prep literacy and math activities full of EASY to follow directions. This makes these learning centers perfect for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten.
Use the additional and optional versions and sets of the activities to reach the different learning levels in your classroom. I love that I can use the learning centers seamlessly between my leveled groups in my own pre-k classroom.
The more than 14 RAINBOWS literacy & math centers are part of the ENDLESS Themed Literacy & Math Centers Bundle
. Grab the bundle today!
Each learning center includes detailed descriptions of the activity and how to play!
Rainbow Vocab & Write the Room
- 10 rainbow themed vocabulary word cards are included in both uppercase and lowercase versions. Use the cards in your writing area, during social studies, or along with circle time. There are 3 Write the Room recording papers (trace uppercase words, trace lowercase words, write the words on your own) and Color the Room recording sheets included to differentiate instruction.
Rainbow Emergent Readers
- 2 levels of readers included
"Rainbows" - includes repetition, sight words, predictable number words, and themed words. Includes 2 pages per piece of paper to make copying and assembling books super simple!
"Rainbows" (mini) - 2 words per mini page with use of number words in the reader. In this mini book, the entire reader is printed on one page. Practice the simple themed words and shape words with clues from the pictures.
Rainbow Alphabet & Sight Word Play Dough Mats
- Create the uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet, as well as, the first 40 sight words in the Fry 100 list out of play dough. Practice rolling play dough out into "snakes" and using fine motor muscles while using letter formation skills.
Sunshine Alphabet & CVC Word Trace
- Use a dry erase marker to trace uppercase and lowercase letters on the letter cards. Also included are a set of CVC word cards to use with beginning readers who are working on blending, letter sounds, and word writing practice.
Rainbow Friends Letter Clip Cards
- Match uppercase to uppercase letters or lowercase to uppercase letters by choosing the correct letter from a set of 3 letters. Clip the correct letter with a clothespin or other marker of some kind.
Rainbow Initial Sound Match
- Put the rainbows back together by matching the letter to correct picture. Identify the initial sound of the picture to match the correct letter. Use the recording sheet to write the letter of the initial sound of the pictures.
Rainbow Writing Rainbow
- Use all of the colors in the rainbow to write the letters in the word rainbow. Choose from the uppercase version or lowercase version depending on the current learning level.
Roll A Rainbow & Color
- Roll a die, identify the number of dots, and color one rainbow on the recording sheet according to the coloring code at the top of the page. Roll again and color until all of the rainbows are colored in.
Rainbow Color By Number or Addition Fact
- Identify the number, or the answer to the addition fact, and color in the area by following the color by code using rainbow colors.
Rainbow Shape Puzzles
- Put the shape puzzles back together to identify the shape. Find the matching shape on the recording sheet and color it in. Mix the puzzle pieces up and play again.
Rainbow Fun Addition Clip Cards
- 12 addition cards included to practice sums to 10, counting skills, early addition skills, and number recognition. Clip the clothespin on the correct sum.
Sunshine Number Count & Match (1-20)
- Choose from the 3 recording sheets (1-10, 11-20, 1-20) to be able to work with all levels in your classroom. Pick a sunshine number card and find it on the recording sheet, then color it in. Use the numbers with this activity or separately to practice counting and number order.
Rainbow 10 Frames Count & Trace
- Use buttons, pom poms, mini erasers, etc. to add to the 10 frames. Trace the numeral and number word with a dry erase marker for added number practice.
Rainbow Ruler Non-Standard Measurement
- Cut out the printable rainbow rulers to use with this math activity. Measure each of the 8 included measurement cards and find how tall each picture is. Fill out the recording sheet as each is measured.
Now that you-re hooked on our RAINBOWS Literacy & Math Centers, just wait until you see our RAINBOWS Fine Motor Busy Bins (coming soon)!