READ ALOUD LESSONS April
Also included in
- SUPER CHARGE your read aloud lesson plans with these print and teach activities! These interactive reading lesson plans will guide you through your daily instruction in reading comprehension, responding to literature, sentence studies with mentor sentences, crafts and more! These No Prep Print and GPrice $100.00Original Price $198.00Save $98.00
- Teaching Kindergarten has never been easier! We have everything all planned out for you. These units include engaging lessons that will have your little ones meeting or exceeding the grade level standards in no time. We've included our best-selling units to help you have an AMAZING school year!Price $295.00Original Price $514.00Save $219.00
- Reading No Prep Print and Go Lesson Planning made easy!Reading, Phonics, Comprehension, Word Work and More! NOTE: This isn't a packet of worksheets. These are actual Lessons that guide you through the process of using Read Alouds to teach the standards for Reading, Phonics, and Grammar.*************Price $153.00Original Price $306.00Save $153.00
SUPER CHARGE your read aloud lesson plans with these print and teach activities!
These interactive reading lesson plans will guide you through your daily instruction in reading comprehension, responding to literature, sentence studies with mentor sentences, crafts and more!
These No Prep Print and Go Lesson Plans will save your teaching life! SERIOUSLY!!!
WHY TEACHERS LOVE THESE READ ALOUD LESSONS AND ACTIVITIES
- These book lessons are so easy to use. Our scripted lessons take the guesswork out of your interactive read alouds planning!
- Reading Comprehension skills are taught spirally all year. This research-based approach helps make practice permanent and ensures students will revisit various reading comprehension skills in REAL WORLD literature.
- Tier 2 Vocabulary is introduced and studied each week with lessons that stick!
- Sentence and grammar study is incorporated into each read aloud.
- A variety of comprehension assessments that include scoring rubrics, multiple choice, and true/false tests.
- Common Core State Standards and TEKS standards aligned for kindergarten, first grade, and second grade.
HOW DO THE ENGAGING READERS READ ALOUD LESSONS WORK?
The teacher does the reading work while the students do the thinking work. These lessons are grounded in research. It is said that the person doing the most talking is the person who is doing the most learning. SO these lessons scaffold instruction to get students talking. Side-by-side, students learn comprehension strategies such as Predicting, Visualizing, Retelling, Text Details, Connecting, Inferring, Character Analysis, Opinion Writing and so much more. You won’t believe how quickly students fall in love with your read-aloud time.
Brain research reveals that reading comprehension starts with listening comprehension. Since kindergarten, first grade students, and second grade students have listening skills that far surpass their ability to decode words, it is imperative that they participate in daily deep conversations surrounding books that allow them to strengthen their thinking! Don’t wait! Start building pathways to deeper thinking today!
These units can be used on their own or as a supplement to your current reading curriculum. They are simply the easiest and most enjoyable way to drive up student engagement. Join the thousands of teachers who have transformed their ELA block.
EACH BOOK INCLUDES DAILY:
- 5 Day Interactive read aloud discussion lesson plans
- Reading comprehension strategies to help all students deepen their connections and engagement to books. A variety of response page options are available so you can select the one that works best for your students.
- Full color pictorial retelling cards that can be printed or used as a PowerPoint pictorial retelling file for your whiteboard. This sets students up for success! The pictures support students as they strengthen their oral language.
- Interactive writing to support your students where they are.
- Anchor chart ideas for comprehension strategies for each book
- Sentence study and activities for each day of the week.
- Grammar study for each day of the week
- Phonics for Kindergarten and first grade
- A craft for each book.
- Rubrics for each response activity
- True/False comprehension assessment
- Multiple choice comprehension assessment
- Common Core Standards and TEKS standards checklist
- Additionally, reading and phonics assessments have been added to ESGI which you can access for FREE with your ESGI subscription.
- You can get 2 months of ESGI for FREE by clicking https://www.esgisoftware.com/ and using code PD825.
THE BOOKS NEEDED FOR THIS SET OF READ ALOUD LESSON PLANS:
•Tops & Bottoms by Janet Stevens
•Piggie Pie by Margie Palatini
•Hey, Little Ant by Phillip and Hannah Hoose
•Chickens Aren't the Only Ones by Ruth Heller
NOTE: This isn't a packet of worksheets. These Engaging Readers read aloud lessons and activities actually guide you through the process of using quality read-aloud books to teach the standards for reading comprehension.
This interactive read aloud unit will save you hours of work because EVERYTHING is all planned out with easy to follow lesson plans. Just add the book!
Just PRINT and TEACH! Each week focuses on one book and takes you through a variety of lessons to get your kids reading like never before.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Are these research based lessons?
A: Yes! We have extensively researched the best practices surrounding reading instruction. You will find the resources that guided our thinking in the preview.
Q: Will these work with my current reading program?
A: Absolutely! Use the components that work best for your students.
FEEDBACK FROM TEACHERS JUST LIKE YOU!
Samantha J. says, "I wish I had discovered these so much sooner! My students and I love using these activities and I find them so helpful. I love that there is a map of when and how to use the resources and I just really love how engaged my students are when using these activities!"
Nichole M. says, "My students love these packets! Every week there is a new story and the lessons are similar in structure. I love that they are laid out and all the materials are already available for me to copy and use. It helps make my whole group literacy time more focused and links nicely into writing. It's definitely improved my shared writing experiences."
Nicole R. says, "These are great! I'm hooked. The word work has really helped my students understand spelling patterns and "rules" like "lazy e" and "when two vowels go walking..." They are so excited when they can build, read, and write their new words. And, all the written response work has given them so much additional practice with writing and comprehension skills that they are writing and responding with ease and confidence. Love, love, love these units!!!"
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THE SEESAW AND GOOGLE SLIDES VERSIONS OF THE READING COMPREHENSION?
We have converted the reading comprehension portion of many of the ENGAGING READERS books. These converted files are not included in this unit. If you would prefer, you are welcome to convert this file to a digital version. However, if you want it all done for you, you can find the listing of these resources by clicking HERE.
ADDITIONAL ENGAGING READERS BOOK TITLES CAN BE FOUND IN THESE BUNDLES:
RELATED LITERATURE BASED STEM AND CENTER ACTIVITIES CAN BE FOUND: