Using mnemonics can help students recall important strategies that they will eventually use independently. Provide reference support to remind students of thoughtful reading strategies using the acronym R.E.A.D. Each letter will help students sequence helpful thinking strategies before, during, and after reading.
This poster set includes:
- Standard US Letter size posters (8.5" by 11")
- Tabloid size posters (11" by 17")
- Black or white strategy cards
- Bright, primary, and B&W acronym cards
- Guide to help you and your students get started
- Blank templates in both sizes so you can customize your strategies. *Please note that the blank templates are not enabled with editable text fields. Text boxes and fonts will need to be added on your own. A list of fonts used is provided in the guide.*
Thoughtful reading strategies:
R (Read) – Read closely and thoughtfully: Monitor your comprehension.
E (Explain) – Explain the main idea of each paragraph: Annotate the text. Write a short note. (option with "central idea" instead of "main idea" included.
A (Ask) - Ask yourself which answer looks the best: Eliminate unreasonable choices.
D (Decide) – Decide which answer is correct and prove it: Locate and highlight text evidence.
Check out more reading focus wall resources!
**Please note the editable templates in this product require the use of PowerPoint or Keynote to be edited properly. If you experience technical issues, please contact the TPT help desk (https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Contact) or myself for support before leaving feedback. Thank you!**