Also included in
- Save more than 30% off ($6.25) on this drama fun bundle; it will keep even the most rambunctious Middle School drama classes busy and entertained for many hours! Apart from some limited photocopying, this is a NO-PREP bundle. It includes a stand-alone freebie excerpt from a Young Holmes mystery. The$12.99$19.24Save $6.25
- This fun 30% off Middle School high-interest trio of readers' theater brain teaser mystery scripts will delight both ELA and Drama students. They will practice reading and comprehension skills while testing their wits in deductive work. In two of the mysteries they will discover the thieves of a lap$8.50$12.50Save $4.00
- In this exciting 30% off Middle School drama bundle, (save more than $16!) you will find enough fun material to keep your grade 5-8 students happy and entertained for an entire semester. Even the most rambunctious Middle School drama classes during last block will be happily busy for weeks! The bun$37.95$54.54Save $16.59
- This humorous 30% off (-$7.00!) mystery bundle of readers' theater brain teaser scripts will delight both ELA and Drama Middle School students. Grades 5-8 students will practice reading and comprehension skills while testing their wits in deductive work and activities. These high interest scripts a$15.95$22.95Save $7.00
- 50% off the grades 5-8 drama resources in my store- phew! That's a deeply discounted deal for fun resources that your students and your wallet will love. You can give them oodles of fun and learning all year round, while saving $59.84! The bundle contains 'Evergreen' Readers' Theater scripts, drama$59.85$119.69Save $59.84
- Bags of summer drama fun AND $2.00 off- what's not to love? Grades 5-8 students + summer + drama = CRAAAZY! These exciting, often humorous, resources will give outlets for their energy and provide memorable acting and speaking experiences. Readers' Theater Brain Teaser Mystery Script: Mystery of the$6.85$8.85Save $2.00
This humorous Middle School readers’ theater brainteaser mystery script will give students practice in reading aloud, comprehension, character development and writing, while enjoying lots of fun. The Mystery of the Drama Camp Thief readers’ theater script will entertain your students and require them to perform inference tasks to solve clues. The cast list has 12 readers but the number of readers can easily be reduced to as few as 7. Doubling up of roles is easy. The script is both a printable PDF and an Easel Activity.
This funny and engaging story is about the theft of a necklace at a camp and the detective work that two characters use to track it down. The main character parts range in age from 12-14. Matt fears he isn’t as speedy at working things out as his clever friend Sophie is, but he manages to wow her in this story- and discover where her necklace is! This script is part of a 50% off Bargain Bundle: 50% OFF DRAMA BIG BARGAIN BUNDLE
To track down the missing necklace, students will unscramble anagrams. They will also work out clues using a numbers-to-alphabet code. 5 pages of writing activities are also included. Students have to discuss and write on questions about the reading of the play, how it might be filmed, and on issues the play raises, such as peer pressure. They also have some fun creative tasks, such as writing a short rhyming poem. This resource will delight both entire classes and small groups of early finishers. Question sheets and answers are included.
Table of Contents
Script Pages 1-10
Mystery clues Page 11
Reading the script questions Pages 12-13
Filming the script questions Page 14
Thematic questions Page 15
Creative writing activities Page 16
Answers to the mystery Page 17
If your students liked Matt and Sophie, they have other Readers' Theater mysteries, such as: Readers' Theater - Mystery of the Stolen Laptop and
READERS THEATER SCARY MYSTERY SCRIPT: A STORMY MYSTERY + QUESTIONS.
Want to combine a Readers' Theater mystery with elements of drama exercises? READERS' THEATER MYSTERY SCRIPT WITH ELEMENTS OF DRAMA EXERCISES
Or try a seasonal script like READERS' THEATER THANKSGIVING MYSTERY MIDDLE SCHOOL SCRIPT
Try a scary mystery script: READERS' THEATER SCARY MYSTERY
Try a Young Holmes mystery, based on a classic Sherlock Holmes story: YOUNG HOLMES READERS' THEATER MYSTERY SCRIPT
Students can have a lot of fun writing readers' theater scripts of their own: READERS' THEATER SCRIPT WRITING. If you want to give students advice on how to read scripts, and use a rubric to mark them, look no further than READERS' THEATER READING TIPS AND RUBRIC
For oodles of drama fun, try Drama Games for Middle School
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about this product - or any other product in my store - please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you!
If you purchase the resource, I would be very grateful if you could review it afterwards. Doing so will earn you TpT credits to spend on other resources, so it is a win-win.