Also included in
- This brain teaser and brain breaks mysteries money saving bundle is perfect for building classroom community!Brain Teaser Mini-Mysteries These mini-mysteries are not only fun brain teasers and brain breaks for Middle School students, but also practice listening, comprehension and inference making sk$8.95$11.20Save $2.25
- This fun ELA bundle is designed to raise the spirits of your Middle School class and build a happy, collaborative classroom community. Whether on-line or in the classroom, a class that laughs together will learn together more effectively. ELA GAMES80 fun, educational ELA games and activities are cra$17.99$25.99Save $8.00
- Want a fun, high interest two week mini-course for drama or English Language Arts that can either be used virtually on a platform like Zoom or in the classroom? In this exciting Middle School Readers' Theater 30% off unit students read two high interest scripts and answer questions and activities. A$7.25$10.25Save $3.00
- This fun 30% off Middle School high-interest trio of readers' theater brain teaser mystery scripts will delight both ELA and Drama students. They will practice reading and comprehension skills while testing their wits in deductive work. In two of the mysteries they will discover the thieves of a la$7.50$10.75Save $3.25
- Save 30% off ($6.00) on this drama fun bundle; it will keep even the most rambunctious Middle School drama classes busy and entertained for many hours! Apart from some limited photocopying, this is a NO-PREP bundle. DRAMA GAMES45 fun Middle School drama games will nurture life-long skills while supp$12.99$18.99Save $6.00
This Middle School Readers’ Theater brainteaser mystery script will give students practice in reading, comprehension and writing, while having lots of fun. The Mystery of the Stolen Laptop readers’ theater script will entertain your students and require them to perform inference tasks to solve clues. The script is intended for 8 readers but the number of readers can be contracted or expanded depending on how many groups you wish to have. This funny and engaging story is about the theft of a laptop at school and the detective work that two characters use to track it down. The main character parts range in age from 10-14.
Matt fears he isn’t as speedy at working things out as his clever friend Sophie is, but he manages to wow her in this story- and discover where his stolen laptop is!
To track down the missing laptop students will unscramble anagrams. They will also work out clues using a numbers-to-alphabet code. After finishing, students have to discuss and write on six questions, complete a journal entry, and design a ‘Where’s Waldo?’ style drawing for a fellow student. This resource will delight both entire classes and small groups of early finishers. Question sheets and answers are included.
You can use the TpT Digital Activities layer to make this resource a digital, interactive resource. After purchase, you go to the product page and click the red button that says Open Digital Activity. This allows you to edit parts of the resource to suit your needs; for example, you can remove the answer page and the cover, and add answer boxes. It allows your students to write or type answers in the answer boxes, and to annotate and highlight. The tool can only be used with Google Classroom. Once a student has submitted the assignment on a device, you can review the work and share feedback with the student through the TpT Digital Activity layer.
If your students enjoyed this script, they will have fun with Matt and Sophie's next detective romp:
READERS' THEATER- MYSTERY OF THE DRAMA CAMP THIEF
Try a scary mystery: READERS' THEATER SCARY MYSTERY
Try a seasonal mystery: READERS' THEATER CHRISTMAS MYSTERY SCRIPT
Students can have a lot of fun writing readers' theater scripts of their own: READERS' THEATER SCRIPT WRITING.
Students will also love the 15 tales in
Mini Mysteries grades 5-8. Matt and Sophie star in a few of these tales.
Matt and Sophie have a long story mystery of their own, with tasks for the students to perform: Brain teaser mystery fun inferential skills practice
Or select a bundle of ELA Games and mini-mysteries:
Brain Teaser Bundle grades 5-8
or just ELA Games Grades 5-8
Thanks so much for checking out this resource. If you click HERE to become a follower, I will update you with new resources as I create them. All new resources are 50% off for 48 hours: receiving follower notifications of new products leads to big savings!