Also included in
- Save more than 30% off ($6.25) on this drama fun bundle; it will keep even the most rambunctious Middle School drama classes busy and entertained for many hours! Apart from some limited photocopying, this is a NO-PREP bundle. It includes a stand-alone freebie excerpt from a Young Holmes mystery. The$12.99$19.24Save $6.25
- This fun 30% off Middle School high-interest trio of readers' theater brain teaser mystery scripts will delight both ELA and Drama students. They will practice reading and comprehension skills while testing their wits in deductive work. In two of the mysteries they will discover the thieves of a lap$8.50$12.50Save $4.00
- Want a fun, high interest two week mini-course for drama or English Language Arts? In this exciting, no-prep Middle School Readers' Theater 30% off unit, students read two high interest scripts and answer questions and activities. After absorbing the tips in the 38 slide/page presentation, they writ$7.40$10.55Save $3.15
- In this exciting 30% off Middle School drama bundle, (save more than $16!) you will find enough fun material to keep your grade 5-8 students happy and entertained for an entire semester. Even the most rambunctious Middle School drama classes during last block will be happily busy for weeks! The bun$37.95$54.54Save $16.59
- This humorous 30% off (-$7.00!) mystery bundle of readers' theater brain teaser scripts will delight both ELA and Drama Middle School students. Grades 5-8 students will practice reading and comprehension skills while testing their wits in deductive work and activities. These high interest scripts a$15.95$22.95Save $7.00
- 50% off the most popular grades 5-8 drama resources in my store- phew! That's a deeply discounted deal for fun resources that your students and your wallet will love. You can give them oodles of fun and learning all year round, while saving $59.84! The bundle contains 'Evergreen' Readers' Theater sc$59.85$119.69Save $59.84
This Middle School Readers’ Theater fun brainteaser mystery script will give students practice in reading, comprehension and writing, while having lots of chuckles. The Mystery of the Stolen Laptop readers’ theater script will entertain your grades 5-8 students and require them to perform inference tasks to solve clues. The cast list is intended for 8 readers but the number of readers can easily be contracted or expanded depending on how many groups you wish to have. This funny and engaging story is about the theft of a laptop at school and the detective work two characters use to track it down. The main character parts range in age from 10-14.
Matt fears he isn’t as speedy at working things out as his clever friend Sophie is, but he manages to wow her in this story- and discover where his laptop is! The script is in two formats: a printable PDF and an Easel Activity. It is part of a 50% off Bargain Bundle: 50% OFF DRAMA BIG BARGAIN BUNDLE
To track down the missing laptop students will unscramble anagrams. They will also work out clues using a numbers-to-alphabet code. To end the activity, students have to discuss and write on six questions, complete a journal entry and also design a ‘Where’s Waldo?’ style drawing for a fellow student. This resource will delight both entire classes and small groups of early finishers.
Question sheets and answers are included.
If your students enjoyed this script, they will have fun with another Matt and Sophie detective romp: READERS' THEATER- MYSTERY OF THE DRAMA CAMP THIEF
Want to combine a Readers' Theater mystery with elements of drama exercises? READERS' THEATER MYSTERY SCRIPT WITH ELEMENTS OF DRAMA EXERCISES Try a Young Holmes mystery, based on a classic Sherlock Holmes story: YOUNG HOLMES READERS' THEATER MYSTERY SCRIPT OR
YOUNG HOLMES INVESTIGATES THE RED-HEADED LEAGUE
Try a fun fractured fairy tale about the shoe obsessed Cindy Rella: READERS' THEATER FRACTURED FAIRY TALE: CINDY RELLA
Or try a seasonal script like READERS' THEATER THANKSGIVING MYSTERY MIDDLE SCHOOL SCRIPT
Try a scary mystery script: READERS' THEATER SCARY MYSTERY or the second script in the scary mystery series:
READERS THEATER SCARY MYSTERY SCRIPT: A STORMY MYSTERY + QUESTIONS.
Do your students enjoy being detectives? There's lots to keep them busy and engaged in MYSTERY UNIT DETECTIVE SKILLS & ACTIVITIES
For oodles of drama fun, try Drama Games for Middle School.
Need fun exit tickets to keep your classes focused until the last minute of class? DRAMA TIME FILLERS & FUN EXIT TICKETS
Or get students to write readers' theater scripts of their own: READERS' THEATER SCRIPT WRITING.
If you want to give students advice on how to read scripts, and use a rubric to mark them, look no further than READERS' THEATER READING TIPS AND RUBRIC
Students will also love the 15 tales in Mini Mysteries grades 5-8 and this long, single mystery: Brain teaser mystery fun inferential skills practice
OR select a bundle of ELA Games and mini-mysteries: Brain Teaser Bundle grades 5-8 or just ELA Games Grades 5-8
Thanks so much for checking out this resource. If you click HERE to become a follower, I will update you with new resources as I create them. All new resources are 50% off for 48 hours: receiving follower notifications of new products leads to big savings!