- SAVE 20% In this bundle (140 pages) are SIX reader's theater scripts with UNITS, adapted for your classroom whether it's upper elementary or middle grades. Strengthen your students' reading, speaking, listening skills as well as build their imaginations. These scripts contain drama and humor, so yo$26.00
- ON SALE 10% OFF! Are you looking for year-long advice and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 40 products (NEARLY 1,225 PAGES) which were all created by me and time tested in my classroom over th$241.88$268.75Save $26.87
This dramatic reader's theater play script with roles for 20 + students is suitable for upper elementary gifted or middle school students whether studying culture of the Native Americans, Alaskan territory or a drama class. This is a perfect script for the winter months.
In addition, a teacher could assign this script for students distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
There are three ways you can use this product:
1) As it stands
2) Dividing up the pages-If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out: "Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
https://commoncoreconnectionusa.blogspot.com/ If you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
3) You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Select the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
Based on the beloved Inuit folk tale by the same name, students will have an opportunity to:
- explore creation myths of the Inuit culture—specifically the origin of whales, walruses and seals and why the ocean is sometimes calm and other times raging
- dramatize a folk tale with chanting
- use their imaginations to express emotion through their voices
- learn a dance of the Inuit culture
integrate with your vocal music teacher and present the play together! Your students can sing and accompany the song with drums and/or mallet instruments. (Optional)
This product comes with:
- Letter to teacher
- Warm up
- Procedure or rehearsal schedule
- Rationale for teaching creation myths
- Six page script with roles for 20 + students
- Sound effects list
- Original song reminiscent of the Inuit culture
- Source list with suggestions for dances
Comprehensive? You bet! This is a successful teaching and learning experience created by a veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
For more Dramamommaspeaks products, go to: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
Lin Manuel Miranda Biography (Format Two)
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
Sedna, an Inuit Tale
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
Costume Designs with Fairy Tales
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.