A lesson plan that presents teaching and learning resources on reading strategies to identify audience, register, and tone while analyzing the text.
After completing this lesson, the students will be able to:
- Understand and identify target audience, language register, and text tone.
- Discuss audience assessments, register features, and tone words.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of audience, register, and tone in writing.
This Resource Includes:
- Well Formulated, Measurable, SMART Objectives and Outcomes
- Vocabulary Overview - Audience, Register, Tone
- Flipped Lesson Part - Video - What is Audience, Register, and Tone?
- Engaging and Creative Lesson Starter – A-R-T Analysis
- Success Criteria - Audience Register Tone Checklist
- Scaffolding Notes - Audience Assessments, Register Features, Tone Words
- Collaborative Group Tasks – Pair-Share, Think-Write, Write-Share
- Mini-Plenary with Critical Thinking Questions – 3 Online Quizzes
- Assessment Criteria for Outcome Expectations - Rubrics
- Differentiated Activities for Level Learners - Writing Task by Outcome
- Extensions to Challenge the High Achievers - Online Worksheets
- Plenary to Assess Learning Outcomes - PQP Technique
- Home Learning for Reinforcement – 4 Worksheets with Answers
- Common Core Standards - ELA-LIT.W.6-8.4/5/10/RI.6.6/W.9-10.1d/10/W.11-12.4/5
- Skills to be addressed during the Lesson - Social and Cognitive
- Educational Tools and Resources - Adverbs, Verbs, Adjectives, Connectives
Teachers can use this resource to teach the students to analyze a text, thereby helping them to enhance their reading and writing skills.
For a PowerPoint Presentation of the same topic you may refer to:
A-R-T ANALYSIS PRESENTATION
Here are some other possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment
This is what teachers say about these resources:
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
- Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
- I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here: