Also included in
- This is a CUSTOM BUNDLE created for Hanna D. This bundle includes a 20% savings on each activity. If this bundle fits the needs of your students, or your own child, you are welcome to purchase it, too. PLEASE NOTE: Please view each individual activity as no refunds will be issued by TpT once this b$157.00$196.25Save $39.25
These reading comprehension skills with “wh” questions and three sentence response choices booklets contain visual supports in print, trim, and staple booklets for students with autism, visual learners, and Special Education.
TO VIEW THE "Wh" QUESTIONS WRITING JOURNAL, please follow this link: WRITING JOURNAL “Wh” Prompts and DATA For Special Education GROWING BUNDLE
WHAT WILL I NEED?
• Regular printer paper
WHAT SKILLS WILL MY STUDENTS WORK ON?
• Reading comprehension
• Independent work skills
• Answering multiple choice “wh” questions
• Fine Motor skills
WHAT IS A BUNDLE AND WHAT IS INCLUDED?
• A bundle includes a coloring story page (last page), a data page for each story, and "wh" question strips to isolate each question clearly and reduce page clutter.
• FULL PAGE DATA SHEET! This Data Sheet helps you record fluency and word count for each passage. You will track words read correctly, incorrectly, how many times the student asked for help, and the prompt level needed. Just use a three-hole paper punch and slip into your student’s Data Binder!
• DATA STRIP- You may also choose to use the Data Strip which you will place behind the cover strip of each story.
�� Suggested IEP Goals to use, or to spark an idea to write your own.
HOW DOES THIS HELP WITH READING COMPREHENSION?
Some of my students who really struggle with reading skills have shown incredible growth in reading and responding to questions. By using the picture (which is ALWAYS visible – that page NEVER turns) for clues, you will see an increase in word recognition and hear your students read unknown words! It’s really quite astounding to watch and listen! There are six “wh” comprehension questions, with one question per “strip”. Each question is followed by a choice of three multiple choice responses using visuals to support vocabulary development and comprehension. By including repetitive text, visuals, limited number of questions per page, and a picture to color and aid in comprehension, your students will successfully complete the reading booklets with pride!
HOW SHOULD I USE THIS IN MY CLASSROOM??
• Direct Instruction: Use this method for one-on-one learning opportunities. This will allow you to monitor student progress, as it occurs, by recording the responses, word substitutions, etc., as the student reads and marks their responses.
• Independent Work: As the student gains confidence in reading, you can track the responses to each question, at a later time. Naturally, the marked responses are here to stay! You or your assistant can review the story and responses together with the student, later on.
SUGGESTED IEP GOALS:
• FOR BEGINNERS OR INDEPENDENT READERS:
Given an instructional level reading passage, along with a picture depicting the person, place, or event, STUDENT will ______________(independently/with verbal or visual prompts) read and provide an answer to six “wh” multiple choice questions related to the passage, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities by MONTH, YEAR.
• FOR THOSE WITH LIMITED COMMUNICATION AND NON-READERS:
Given a reading passage and questions read aloud by an adult, and a picture depicting the person, place, or event described in the passage, STUDENT will point to, or repeat the responses for up to six “wh” questions related to the passage, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
PLEASE SEE ALL OF OUR READING COMPREHENSION ACTIVITIES HERE! READING COMPREHENSION ACTIVITIES from Autism Educators
***Please view our BUNDLES section of our TpT store for additional deeply discounted ready made bundles!***
Can I contact you with questions regarding this Reading Comprehension Bundle?
Absolutely! You may leave a question for me in the Q & A section of my TpT store, Autism Educators, or send me an email at: DSinger@AutismEducators.com
***Thank you for supporting autism awareness by purchasing this product. Please enjoy with your students. ***
Copyright ©2018-21 AutismEducators.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art credits.