Read ‘n’ Respond (RnR) Non-Fiction (NF) booklet 2 has been a pocket gem for me in a classroom
setting. There are numerous reasons why:
1. By starting with an A4 double sided sheet, with a bit of careful folding and cutting, a cute 8 page reading response booklet magically appears before your eyes. The (slightly larger than) palm sized booklet easily accompanies the bookmark inside the reading books being investigated.
2. Another beauty of this booklet is that it is generic in nature. Provided the student’s reading book is non-fiction, the student can use this RnR booklet to reflect and delve deeper into his/her own chosen book. In reality, everybody in the class can have the same response booklet yet be generating different responses relevant to their own book choice.
3. Alternatively, each booklet can be used to respond to the group reading book or whole class book.
4. Due to their generic nature, each booklet reaches across various age/ grade levels.
5. The tendency for some students is to put a book away when finished and choose another book…forgetting the richness that was spilling out of the previous one. RnR Non-Fiction booklet 2 forces the student to stop and reflect further and deeper.
6. Intentionally, the booklet covers diverse NF elements such as diagrams, charts, technical words, facts and surveys.
7. This resource can very easily be utilized as an assessment tool.
8. Adding this product to a student’s homework requirements is also a very valid approach.
9. RnR Non-Fiction Booklet 2 SAVES the teacher precious preparation TIME.
“THERE’S MORE IN STORE”
In total, there are a four booklets in the Read ‘n’ Respond Non-Fiction series. These are available in my Product Store.
Read ‘n’ Respond: Fiction booklets 1, 2, 3 and 4 can also be purchased.