Need passages to teach the Close Reading Strategy? Teach your students close reading strategies with passages and articles to learn about special events in March such as St. Patrick's Day, Teach Across America, Pi Day, and Weather. These reading strategies are sure to develop students love of reading? Use these close reading passages and text-dependent questions to teach students how to gain information from text. These activities are a great way to engage your students!
Who is This Product For?
Teachers who need engaging close reading passages and strategies to excite their students during the month of March.
What is included in this Unit?
This packet includes a 32-page pdf file that includes:
* Ideas for teaching close reading strategies
* Bookmarks for students
* Tools needed for teaching close reading strategies along with close reading passages
* Close reading poster
* Lesson Plan
* Ideas for first, second, and third reading
* Conversion chart for grades 2nd-4th grade reading levels
* Graphic organizers for close reading passages
* Links to online articles about to assist in synthesizing information from text
* 4 leveled close reading passages about the following topics:
- St. Patrick's Day
- Teach Across America
- Pi Day
- Weather (What is a Twister?)
Zip file has a pdf version of each passage in case you want to upload to your Google Drive and allow students to annotate using a Chrome extension or send to students for their iPad to annotate. There is also image files of each passage to upload to the Skitch app or Pic Kids to complete activities.
Also, an interactive notebook of the graphic organizers for students to copy into their Drive to fill out.
**PLEASE NOTE: Technology is not required to use this product!
These March topics and close reading strategies are designed to help you implement this reading strategies unit with confidence and ease.