READING WITH FUN! LONDON CALLING!
- pdf (all 4 activities + pictures)
- pdf (domino)
- pptx (instructions for students)
The aim of this activity:
- Students improve their reading skills
Students know London's most famous attractions.
- Candy (which is not melting easily)
- sticky tape
- Everything cut out and if you wish laminated
- Print WS A+B and the pictures for your students
- In class:
- 1. Introduce the Reading Circle with the Power Point Slide. Explain the different tasks.
2. Hand out the pictures. Students can cut them out and stick them on a sheet or in their exercise books. Remind them that they have to add information to the picture later – so they have to keep some space for the texts.
Cut the text in many pieces. The students have to put the text back together and copy it afterwards.
2. Partner Dictation (Pair Work)
Each student gets a worksheet (1 student gets WS:A, the other one gets WS:B) They have to put a candy between their teeth while they read out the text from their worksheet. One student reads out, the other one writes down the missing information. In the end, both students have finished their worksheets and stick them into their exercise books + pictures.
3. Running Dictation
Stick the text somewhere on the wall in the classroom. Now the students have to go to the text, memorize some information, go back to their seat, write down the information and go back,...
Students have to match pictures and text Afterwards they write the information in their exercise books.