Also included in
- Engage your students during your Reconstruction in Texas Unit with these different resources. This bundle includes activities to allow you to easily differentiate for both your PreAP or ELL students. In this bundle, you will receive:Reconstruction Word Wall TermsReconstruction in Texas Doodle Note$19.99$26.96Save $6.97
- Do your kids love Doodle Notes in Texas History in 7th grade? Buy them all and save! This bundle will give you access to all of my Texas History Doodle Notes - resources that span from Why Study History? to Modern Day Texas. In addition to the regular ed resource, you will receive all modified vers$173.00$192.22Save $19.22
- What role did Texas play in the Civil War? How did Texas contribute? How did the Civil War impact Texas? Purchase the bundle of Texas History activities for the Civil War to receive resources for the events leading to the Civil War, the Civil War in Texas, and games to review. This resource bundle$75.00$121.88Save $46.88
- This bundle will help you differentiate your Reconstruction unit for G/T, Regular Ed and ELL students. Two versions of the activity are provided to you with extra primary source analysis for your G/T students, and simplified readings for your ELL students. Google Slides are included for distance lea$24.99$31.47Save $6.48
- My Texas History bundle has lesson plans and activities for the entire year – from Texas Geography to activities for Modern Texas. These resources can be used for distance learning with Google Slides!!! ✨Save hundreds of dollars when you purchase the bundle now!✨ Once you make this purchase, make$599.00$721.77Save $122.77
- Save yourself MONTHS of lesson planning for 7th grade Texas History and money! In this bundle, you will receive all of my Texas History lessons for the Civil War through the Modern Era. Each of these lessons include previews, graphic organized notes and processing assignments and are designed for$350.00$394.11Save $44.11
Explore the impact of Reconstruction in Texas with readings, Doodle Notes, primary source analysis and a discussion activity.
Students will begin this lesson by analyzing a song. They will then read about life in Texas during Reconstruction. To support the reading, students will be asked to highlight key information and summarize the content in their Doodle Notes. Your students will complete the activity by analyzing multiple primary sources. The activity is supported with directions for creating a structured discussion in your class.
When you purchase this activity, you will receive:
-directions for the activity
-a preview activity with a song to analyze
-5 pages of informational text including information on Presidential and Congressional Reconstruction, New Texas Governments, Sharecropping, Black Codes and the Convict Lease System.
-Discussion questions embedded into the readings
-2 page Doodle Notes graphic organizer
-4 pages of primary sources to analyze
-a writing prompt to wrap-up the activity
Doodle notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more information.
⭐Please download the preview to see more information on this resource. ⭐
2019 TEKS for 7th Grade Texas History
(5) History. The student understands how events and issues shaped the history of Texas during the Civil War and Reconstruction. The student is expected to:
(A) explain the central role the expansion of slavery played in the involvement of Texas in the Civil
(B) identify significant events concerning Texas and the Civil War such as the Battle of Galveston, the Battle of Sabine Pass, and the Battle of Palmito Ranch; and
(C) explain the political, economic, and social effects of the Civil War and Reconstruction in Texas
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
© 2019 Social Studies Success, LLC. This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote. Do not share this document with Amazon Inspire.
Please review all product descriptions and previews. If you have a question, contact me before you purchase at SocialStudiesSuccess1@gmail.com. As this is a digital product, all sales are final.