This is an easy-to-use, target-themed game for assessing how well your young and older students can recognize treble clef pitches and identify the fingerings of recorder pitches by sight. When students answer the question right, they earn points by throwing a bean bag or beanie baby at the target. SEE VIDEO PREVIEW!
This bundle includes:
RECORDER TARGET CHALLENGE - BEGINNER VERSION
RECORDER TARGET CHALLENGE - ADVANCED VERSION
This fun, interactive game invites students to be active while staying under control.
The game progresses in difficulty, starting with a review of the names of the pitches before introducing the fingerings. In the bonus round, students get a taste of the next level of skill. If you want to skip any level you can do that. I have made each level an individual game.
I have made this so easy to use! Just print out the clearly labeled printables and play the game! I also included a PDF version in case someone has a difficult time using PPT. It is so easy to use, you can leave it for a sub that has computer access.
GAME RULES FOR STUDENTS:
1. There are three levels plus a bonus level. Each level has questions about playing the recorder. You will have answer cards to use for each level.
2. For each question, teams will have 30 seconds to answer the question. If everyone does not agree, majority rules. IN CASE OF A TIE, TEACHER CHOOSES A STUDENT TO BE THE TIE-BREAKER. Any arguing or unkind behavior will lose a point for your team.
3. Give teacher a thumbs up when you have an answer.
4. When teacher says, “Show me your answer!” you hold up your answer.
5. Teams that get the right answer have a chance to toss the bean bag or other object onto the target on the floor. Teachers will mark the tossing line. If you pass the line with your feet, you are disqualified. Each team gets only one toss per question, no matter what. All teammates get a chance to toss. Take equal turns.
6. Teacher will keep score of the points earned and declare GOLD, SILVER AND BRONZE (1st, 2nd, and 3rd places) after each level. The scores will then be reset to zero.
Included with each game:
1. Teacher instructions
2. Black and white printables including answer cards, scorecards, and study guides
3. Game in PowerPoint Format
4. Game in PDF format
5. Preview Video
This is a PowerPoint file. I have included a PDF version of the game that will work fairly well, although some of the features will not function in PDF.
Would you like a Home Run Derby game that assesses student knowledge of pitch names before adding fingerings? Try this: Name That Pitch - Home Run Derby Edition - POWERPOINT
1. Each page has links for the correct and incorrect answers, so the game can easily be played by kids, teachers, and substitutes with little fuss;
2. Beautiful, color pictures;
3. Instructions for how to use the game;
4. This makes a great assessment tool and can also be an easy sub plan in a pinch.
SMART NOTEBOOK GAMES TO ASSESS PITCH COMPREHENSION:
Music Detective Case 1: Case of the Missing Manuscript - Smart Notebook Version
Treble Clef Note Name Test - Line and Space Notes
You may also like:
MUSIC STAFF KARATE - Treble Clef Edition - BUNDLE
iNSTRUMENT ZOOM - ADVANCED VERSION - Orchestra Unit Game - Great for Music Sub
Beethoven Trivia Game
Music Detective Game Bundle
Music Detective Case 1: Case of the Missing Manuscript
Discovering BAG - Recorder Game
Music Concepts Checksheet K-4
Connect with Meg’s Music Room!
TpT - Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red “Follow Me” button next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales! Meg's Music Room Store
Blog - Meg's Music Room Blog
Facebook - Meg's Music Room Facebook Page
Copyright © Megan Heikkila. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements in this product are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use only.