A ready to use lesson plan that presents teaching and learning resources on report writing.
After completing this lesson, the students will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of report writing techniques.
- Apply authorial technique to write varied reports.
- Analyse author's use of language and the impact of it in writing a report.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of reporting in writing.
This download includes:
- Vocabulary Overview - Report
- Real Life Application and Cross-Curriculum Links
- Flipped Lesson Part - Video
- Success Criteria - Reporting Checklist
Lesson Starter: Identifying the report types of the given reports.
- Report Types
- Report Writing Tips
- Key Elements of a Newspaper Report
- Pair-Share: Identifying the parts of a newspaper report.
- Think-Write: Writing a lead for a newspaper report.
- Write-Share: Preparing an information report on an animal of your choice.
Mini-Plenary: 4 Online Quizzes
Differentiated Tasks: Demonstrating knowledge of reporting in writing.
Extensions: Reporting an accident.
Plenary: Answering multiple choice questions on report writing.
- Preparing a report based on given prompt.
- Preparing a report based on bar graph.
- Reporting a crime.
- Identifying the key elements of a newspaper report.
Common Core Standards: ELA-Literacy-Writing - 6-8.1a-e/4/7
Skills: Social and Cognitive
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment
This is what teachers say about these resources:
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
- Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
- I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here: