Also included in
- This AP Lang and Comp Bundle includes slideshow lessons and writing activities for teaching the synthesis essay, argumentative writing, rhetorical analysis, expository texts, and more. Included in this resource are several tasks, collaborative activities, projects and assessments to prepare student$102.35$145.30Save $42.95
- Teach the synthesis essay prompt on the Advanced Placement Lang and Comp exam using these ready-to-print research essay worksheets and digital slide decks for Google Classroom®. This bundle contains everything you need to guide students through writing their own independent research synthesis essay$35.00$50.80Save $15.80
- Prepare for the Synthesis Free Response question on the AP Language and Composition Exam using the lesson, worksheets, and assessments provided within this bundle. Suitable for distance learning and Google Classroom®.⚡️⚡️⚡️ OVER 20% IN DISCOUNTS! ⚡️⚡️⚡️Resources included in this bundle:1. RESEARCH SYNTHE$17.25$21.85Save $4.60
- Teaching opinion essay writing? This bundle is suitable for distance learning and Google Classroom® and will teach English Language Arts students how to write a persuasive essay.⚡️⚡️⚡️ OVER 30% IN DISCOUNTS! ⚡️⚡️⚡️Resources included in this bundle:1. PERSUASIVE WRITING UNIT Digital Persuasive Essay Graphi$44.00$63.85Save $19.85
This Research Essay Project has students publish their research writing using a real-world medium. Suitable for distance learning and applicable to the AP Language and Composition Synthesis Essay.
EXTENSION ASSIGNMENT FOR RESEARCH WRITING
READY-TO-PRINT INSTRUCTIONAL HANDOUTS
4-LEVEL RUBRIC & STUDENT EXEMPLAR PROVIDED
This resource is designed to be used as an extension assessment and summative project to an expository research essay, such as the AP Language and Composition RESEARCH SYNTHESIS ESSAY Assignment Handouts, Rubric. Apply real-world media production to this creative and engaging assignment!
This resource begins with an explanation of the purpose of this assignment, as well as a definition of the term "medium," which students will need to understand in order to distribute their research in a real-world context.
The instructions for this assignment are broken down into four steps. In the first step, students will then be given the opportunity to revisit their research essay; I find this process most effective if their essay has already been graded. This enables them to utilize the writing process by editing, revising, and improving their assignment.
Next, students will consider their audience and select a medium to distribute their information. In order to encourage students to create a resource that is inspiring and widely applicable, I prompt them to consider the mediums they most often engage with - would they rather read a paper brochure, or watch a video? Are they more drawn to text, or to audio and visual forms of media? To further encourage students, a section of the rubric indicates the requirement to demonstrate effort and appeal in order to score high on this assignment.
Students can create their resources using a digital platform in order to complete this assignment. Canva software, Adobe Photoshop, Google Slides, Piktochart, iMovie, and Microsoft Powerpoint are all great options that can be suggested to students - or let them get creative and research their own tool!
Included with this resource are a 4-level rubric and student exemplar. I recommend grading this exemplar (perhaps as a collaborative activity) in order to highlight the strengths and areas of improvement for this resource, as well as to illustrate your standards of assessment for this assignment.
You might also be interested in Mondays Made Easy's Research Writing Resources.
⭐ Customer Tip! ⭐
Want FREE CREDIT to go towards purchases? Make sure to offer feedback for your downloads! Follow these instructions below:
- Go to your "My Purchases" page to find a "Provide Feedback" button next to each download.
- Follow this link to offer a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!
- Your feedback is important to me as it helps me to continually improve my products and ensure they are meeting your needs!
Follow me! Be the first to know about product launches, sales, discounts, and free giveaways:
➾ The Blog
For questions, collaborations, or other concerns:
✉ Contact me: email@example.com
Access my Free Resource Library!
Mondays Made Easy is committed to the continual improvement of resources to meet the current needs of teachers. This product was last updated on December 14, 2020.