This is an ActivInspire flipchart for Promethean Boards.
This is a one day 2 hour lesson on Common Core Standards RI 3.1, W 3.2, and SL 3.1. If you only have a one hour block, you may continue the writing standards the next day.
The lesson contains:
- some notes in the yellow sticky note tabs that explain the slides
in further detail
- CCSS and Objectives
- Opening Hook - Create Circle Maps on kangaroos and koalas to
activate prior background knowledge - Turn and Talk partner
opportunities with the hook
- Embedded links to short YouTube videos about each animal
- Close Reading Anchor Chart of Thinking Marks
- Passages on kangaroos and koalas for Close Reading
- Student Choice of Thinking Maps of Double Bubble or Venn
Diagram - maps are on the flipchart page for teacher modeling
and an embedded PDF file is also there to print student copies
- Closure reflection piece with student self reflection to rate their
- Page turn effects on all slides, which keep students' interests.