This set introduces supporting details in a way that makes it easy for the students to understand.
In this set are the following materials:
1) The PDF version of a PowerPoint presentation that gives the students a main idea and two supporting details and asks them to select the supporting detail that matches the main idea.
2) An independent Worksheet to match the above PowerPoint slide (leveled)
3) A second PDF version of a PowerPoint presentation that gives students the main idea and three supporting details and asks them to cross out which detail does NOT match the main idea.
3) An independent worksheet to match the second PowerPoint (leveled)
4) A worksheet that reviews both of the above activities (leveled)
5) A cut and paste activity that asks the students to match the supporting details to the main idea
6) A short assessment
As well as instructions for using the materials.
When we deconstructed the common core standards in my grade level, we paired RI.1.8 with RI.1.2 - using RI.1.8 as the supporting details, so that is what standard is also paired with this lesson.
The PDF versions of the PowerPoints can still be used the same as a PowerPoint. When the PDF is opened, you just to go "View" and "Full Screen". The PDF version is included so that the formatting is not changed on your computer.
Thank you for looking and please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you teach the standard!