This set can be used to teach where we get information from (an author vs. a photographer).
This set includes:
- a PowerPoint (the PDF version)
- three sets leveled independent work (low, middle and high)
- a set of whole group examples (8 examples)
- a brief assessment (5 questions)
- an anchor chart (referred to as a 'poster' in the set)
This aligns with the Common Core standard RI.1.6
*Note, in the standard it uses the word illustrator - in my PowerPoints and independent work I used the word photographer. The reason is that it is an informational text standard so it is used with non-fiction texts. In first grade the majority of the non-fiction texts we use have photographers, not illustrators.