The materials in this packet are based on Common Core State Standard RI.4.3: Explain events, procedures, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text, including what happened and why, based on specific information in the text.
The following resources are included:
1. 4 days of lesson plans where I detail how I use each item in this packet
2. 3 teaching posters
3. A worksheet where students must decide whether the brief text summary describes a historical, scientific, or technical text
4. An interactive notebook foldable
5. NINE PASSAGES:
The first set of three can be used for guided practice:
- Growing Nails (scientific)
- Jesse Owens (historical)
- Kicking a Field Goal (technical)
The second set of three can be used for independent practice:
- Jellyfish (scientific)
- Benjamin Franklin's First Invention (historical)
- Myth Busted: Jellyfish Stings (technical)
The third set of three can be used for independent assessment:
- The Giant Panda (scientific)
- Dav Pilkey(historical)
- Washing a Dog (technical)
Answer keys are included.
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW!!!
By Deb Hanson 2015
Visit my blog! www.crafting-connections.blogspot.com
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!